Interim Choir Director
Date: July 23, 2014
Location: Livonia, Michigan, USA
INTERIM CHOIR DIRECTOR: JOB POSTING
Looking for qualified person to plan and lead the worship music ministry of the adult Chancel Choir at Rosedale Gardens Presbyterian Church. There are currently 20 active participants in the Choir. Candidates should not only have the musical skills commensurate with the requirements of the position, but also have an understanding of the role of choral music in the context of the congregation's worship life.
- Direct the Choir at the 1030am worship service twice a month (1st and 3rd Sundays)
- Lead 90-min rehearsal every Thursday evening
- Lead 45-60min rehearsal (930-1025am) on Sundays when Choir is singing
- Direct the Choir at the 10pm Christmas Eve service
- Interim Director will select music and plan Choir participation in coordination with the pastoral staff.
- Interim Director reports to the Senior Pastor and works under the general direction of the congregation's Worship & Music Committee.
- When the congregation seeks to fill the Choir Director position on a longer-term basis, the Interim Director is eligible to apply for that position.
- Compensation will be commensurate with the requirements of the position and the skills and experience of the candidate.