The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Children's Choir PT Chicago area
Date: July 25, 2014
Niles, Illinois, Illinois
TITLE: CONDUCTOR, CHILDREN’S CHOIR, GRADES 3 through 8
Reports to: Director of Music; Pastor
Hours: Part-time; after school rehearsals; 2 monthly weekend performances, and other events.
Direct choirs of boys and girls; 9 month position. Two ensembles, Grades 3-5 and 6-8.
St. John Brebeuf, in Niles, Illinois. We are interested in providing children with a solid music education and choral performance experience. Founded in 1953, SJB is located just north of Chicago. To learn more about SJB, please visit www.sjbrebeuf.org/
- Lead Tuesday (or other day), 1.5 hour rehearsals, 3:00 pm – 4: 30 pm
- Select repertoire for the Choir as approved by the Music Director for unison and 2 parts
- Plan and conduct regular weekly rehearsals that provide training in singing and vocal development, music theory, style and history.
- Conduct the choir’s regular events.
- Prepare and conduct special events such as Christmas Eve program; Jesus Day for 2nd Grade
- Required to work two Sundays each month with specific dates/times.
- Organize and lead auditions.
- Review/assess the musical/personal growth of choir members each semester; complete student evaluations.
- Greet and interact with parents at Choir rehearsals, performances, and other events and respond professionally to their questions and concerns. Promote parental involvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or Music Education and experience similar to this position.
- Piano skills, Hand Bell experience and Kodály training preferred but not necessary
- Knowledge of treble repertoire
- Good communication/organization skills
- Team player; pro-active; positive attitude