The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Bass Section Leader for Church Choir
Date: August 1, 2014
Bass Section Leader Position
Sts. Simon & Jude Catholic Church
Hunting Beach, CA
1 Rehearsal Wednesday’s at 7:00pm - 9:30pm
2 Services on Sunday Mornings
Plus Holy Days or Other Services (this pay is extra)
Email resume to Jonathansarnold@gmail.com
Bring 2 art songs prepared and memorized (1 foreign language & 1 in English)
- Attend, participate, contribute, and be prepared for all Parish Choir activities including, rehearsals, liturgies, concerts, festivals, special functions, etc. Attendance is mandatory.
- Arrive early for all rehearsals, liturgies, festivals and concerts.
- Know all music before rehearsal. When this is not possible (due only to not receiving music), sight-read well enough to lead and assist in ascertaining trouble spots.
- Must possess and constantly retain a pleasant, outgoing, supportive, and ministerial personality.
- Aware of and able to communicate to choir members markings given to the respective section by the Parish Conductor.
- Aware of and able to communicate to choir members the logistical considerations of the choir (i.e. call times, performance dates and times, wardrobe, music order, etc.).
- Willingly accept and perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Awareness and reverence for Christian values and adherence to all policies for all full and part-time employed members of Sts. Simon & Jude Church and the Roman Catholic Church in the Diocese of Orange.
- Base Salary of $7,200 starting September paid over ten months. (22 pay periods)
-(about $165.00 per week)