The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Children's Choir Director
Date: August 29, 2014
United Parish of Auburndale
Vacancy: Children’s Choir Director
- Direct the Children’s Choir, consisting of approximately 15-20 children in grades 2-6; this position reports to the Director of Music.
- Collaborate with the ministers, the Director of Music, the Children’s Choir members, and their families in administration of the children’s choir program.
- Select, review, and learn children’s choral music; arrange or otherwise adapt children’s anthems to the choir’s strengths; select and purchase new choral music.
- Plan and conduct the Children’s Choir weekly rehearsals on Thursday afternoons; work with choir parents in facilitating rehearsals; learn children’s anthem accompaniments; teach the music to members of the Children’s Choir and educate them in musicianship and liturgy.
- Prepare the Children’s Choir to rehearse and sing in Sunday worship for eight to ten services annually including Advent, Christmas Eve, and Easter.
- Select and coordinate the annual Children’s Choir musical in the spring.
- Experience working with children in music education.
- Superior skills in vocal coaching, conducting and accompanying.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Team player, ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and choir parents.
Salary commensurate with experience and dependent upon abilities, in the range of $1,200/mo. September through June. (Off July and August)
Job offer will be contingent on successful completion of pre-employment reference checks and background screening.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com