Choral Leaders Of Elementary School Children
YouTube, Facebook, Blogs, Fund Raising, New Music, Making Money on the Side
Welcome Fellow Choral Directors,
I am starting this community to share what I have learned and to learn from all of you. I am seeking individuals of vision to help lead. Please nominate elementary school and related conductors to be editors and contributors. Although much will be focused on choirs within the elementary school setting, Church and community children's choir leaders would also be valuable to us. Much discussion will involve universal truths and trials of dealing with children in the age of the internet. This is a social network. Feel free to share and speak a bit less formally than other places on ChoralNet.
A Vision for This Community.
1. To share knowledge about modern communication tools and their potential to promote the choral art.
2. To imprint the love of choral singing on our young singers so that we may increase participation in middle school, high school and community choral programs.
3. To share and develop a choral curriculum at the elementary school level.
4. To develop and learn strategies to avoid or overcome the restrictions of time, stress, finances, administrative policies, co-worker prejudices and parental expectations.
5. To help choral musicians plan the arc of their careers, from the first job to retirement. To discover what will keep them happy in their work and build a secure financial future.