The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Meistersingers 4th Annual Choral Composition Competition
Date: January 7, 2010
Choir type: Community Choirs
4th Annual Choral Composition Competition
Postmark Deadline: March 1, 2010
- $1,000.00 and at least two performances by Meistersingers
- Archival recording for winner's use toward publishing
- Possible commercial recording by Meistersingers
There is a $25.00 entry fee
- Complete Competition Submission Form (can be downloaded from www.meistersingers.org)
- Original Composition for 4-8 part a cappella choir (further divisi possible/range is not an issue)
- No Text Restrictions (include translation if not in English)
- 4-8 minutes long
- Must be a world premiere performance (rehearsal read-throughs are acceptable)
- No restriction on nationality
- Anonymous Submission
- Remove all names (except poet, if necessary) and identifying marks;
- Provide a sealed envelope containing your name, address, email, the title and performance history of the piece (if applicable), and phone number.
- Submit a legible, photo-copy ready, score with piano reduction for rehearsal purposes
- including a recording (MIDI, piano, etc.) is strongly encouraged but not required.
- If text is not in public domain, composer is responsible for including written permission to use it
- The Music Director/Conductor shall review all scores received.
- A Selection Committee, consisting of members chosen by the Music Director/Conductor and Board, shall review many of the scores received
- The decision of the Music Director/Conductor and Selection Committee will be final.
Winning Composer will be notified by March 15, 2010
Other Items of Interest:
- The winning composition is scheduled to be performed in June of 2010 in the Southern California area. Meistersingers encourages the composer's attendance and cooperation in media publicity and press coverage.
- The winning composer must provide a final performance score by April 1st, 2010.
- Meistersingers shall make 32 copies for the chorus, director, and rehearsal accompanist.
- There are no restrictions according to race, sex, or age.
- Text may be in any language, however, see "Selection" Addendum above.
- If materials are desired to be returned, please enclose a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.
- A composer may submit more than one piece.
- Meistersingers reserves the right not to select a winning composition and/or award a prize.
- Textual choices of a "profound, serious, or otherwise meaningful nature" are preferred.
- A brief description of Meistersingers, including Mission Statement and type of literature performed, can be found on their website: www.meistersingers.org
- Send all Submissions to:
- Meistersingers, Inc.
- 2010 Choral Composition Competition
- 8941 Atlanta Avenue #187
- Huntington Beach, CA 92646