Schola Cantorum on Hudson Hosts 15th Anniversary “Evening of Impact” Gala Fundraiser in Hoboken
Event Date: April 8, 2010
Posted: April 8, 2010
Location: New York, USA
Choir type: Chamber Choirs and Vocal Ensembles
Schola Repertory Singers featured in April 21st Dinner at Amanda’s Restaurant
Schola Cantorum on Hudson (SCH), the critically acclaimed choral ensemble based in the New York metropolitan area, will celebrate its 15th Anniversary with a benefit gala. Festivities include a three-course wine dinner, silent auction, and musical program:
DATE AND LOCATION:
Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 6:30 p.m.
908 Washington Street
Hoboken, New Jersey
The program, entitled An Evening of Impact: Celebrating the First 15 Years, features the Schola Repertory Singers conducted by Dr. Deborah Simpkin King, the ensemble’s Artistic Director and Founder. King comments, “Our fifteen years have been rich in musical diversity and exploration, artistic growth, emphatic support of music education and innovative concert programs. As we celebrate this milestone year, we are ever grateful to our supporters and well-wishers who have contributed to our success year after year.” The silent auction, coordinated by Sandy Martiny of Jersey City, New Jersey, offers bid items such as collectible jewelry and art, handmade crafts, and a Bumble and Bumble gift basket. In addition, brief presentations of the organization’s accomplishments and future plans will be given by King, Salvatore Diana, the ensemble’s Board Chairman, and Rachel Carter-White, SCH Executive Director.
The 15th Anniversary Committee members include distinguished New Jersey and New York natives:
• Mark Davies (Senior Business Analyst, FIS-Software), Bloomfield, NJ
• Suzanne Glatt (Donor Relations Officer, New Jersey SEEDS), Summit, NJ
• The Honorable Gordon MacInnes (New Jersey State Senator) and Blair MacInnes (Co-Founder, New Jersey SEEDS), Morristown, NJ
• Arlene Pollack (Longtime SCH Supporter), Roseland, NJ
• Scott Pollack (Pollack Financial Group, LLC), Montclair, NJ
• Caroline L. Sargent (Director of Advancement, Far Brook School), East Orange, NJ
• Salvatore Spataro (Vice President, Finance Operations, Swiss Re Financial Services Corporation), Maplewood, NJ
• Penelope Vance (Regional Wealth Management Director, Wachovia Trust), Montclair, NJ
• Roger West (President, West Technologies), Montclair, NJ
• Alexander Wentworth (Senior Staff Engineer, ITT, Aerospace/Communications Division), Hoboken, NJ
• Salvatore Diana (Senior Vice President, Creative Director for Draft FCB Healthcare), New York, NY
• Gail Kelley (Director of Development, Mercy College; CEO/President, Dunn and Overwith, LLC), Staten Island, NY
Individual ticket prices range from $125.00 to $250.00.
Tables of ten are available from $1,000.00 to $2,250.00.
Tickets for this exciting evening may be purchased online at ScholaOnHudson.org.
The deadline for ticket purchases is April 16th.
Additional information about this benefit event, or the ensemble and its activities, may be obtained online at ScholaOnHudson.org, by calling (201) 918-3011, or by email at info@ScholaOnHudson.org.