NYC Jazz Fest
Event Date: August 25, 2010
Posted: August 25, 2010
Location: New York, USA
Choir type: School Choirs
Manhattan Concert Productions is accepting registration for vocal and instrumental jazz ensembles to join us for our 2011 NYC Jazz Fest @ Lincoln Center. Steve Zegree serves as the Artistic Director of this annual event. We are hopeful that this event fits into your goals for the 2011 school year.
First and foremost, the nature and philosophy of this event is friendly, cooperative, educational and NON-COMPETITIVE. This is great for groups preparing to enter their competition season by allowing them to workshop their set with some of the best clinicians in the business. Participation in this festival is not limited or specific to "Vocal Jazz or Jazz Bands." It's a great event for director's and groups wanting to expose their students to the genre or begin a jazz ensemble at their school. It's a very nurturing festival and and caters to all performance levels.
Here are some of the highlights that I think make this event unique.
1) A culminating public performance featuring Western Michigan University's Gold Company and Jazz Orchestra at the Allen Room in Frederick P. Rose Hall, Home of Jazz at Lincoln Center, one of the most outstanding performance venues in New York City.
2) Participating ensembles will perform on a public concert – with full audience – that will feature all of the participating groups, and include positive feedback and comments from all of our wonderful clinicians. Each group receives solo stage time
3) Ensembles will also receive a private clinic with one of our clinicians that can be focused on educational experiences and tailored to what you would like your students to receive. I find this one on one experience to be invaluable and one of the highlights of the festival. Vocal Clinicians: Duane Davis, Ly Tartell, Kurt Elling and Steve Zegree; Instrumental Clinicians: Scott Cowan and Bob Mintzer.
4) In addition to all of our musical activities you and your students will also be given free time for touring, sightseeing and perhaps even catching a Broadway show or a jazz concert.
5) We also have a very special MEET THE ARTIST Q&A session and special performance with Kurt Elling and Bob Mintzer. In the past this session has been given by Janis Siegel, from the acclaimed Manhattan Transfer, and Terell Stafford, jazz trumpeter. I think your students will really enjoy the "up close and personal" time with a professional artist.
NYC Jazz Fest
March 4-7, 2011
New York City
The new Jazz at Lincoln Center, Columbus Circle & Central Park
3 nights lodging in a Midtown Manhattan Hotel (Park Central or similar)
Ticket to the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at Rockefeller Center
Ticket to a 2-hour Post-Concert Reception Cruise with food, dancing, and spectacular views or the Manhattan Skyline and the Statue of Liberty
Private Clinic Sessions
Solo Ensemble Performance
Participation in the MCP Jazz All-Stars Festival Chorus under the direction of Dr. Steve Zegree
Complete state-of-the-art venue and sound system provided for the performance at the Allen Room in Frederick P. Rose Hall, Home of Jazz at Lincoln Center
Ensemble directors receive a complimentary package
Non-performing participants receive a $100 discount and all inclusions
Transportation to NYC
Friday, March 4 - arrival and Mass Choir Rehearsal with Dr. Zegree - 7pm-9pm (vocal groups only)
Saturday, March 5 - Morning/Afternoon individual ensemble clinics with 1 of the 3 clinicians
Sunday, March 6 - Concert Day - AM/Early Afternoon sound checks at the Allen Room; 1pm Concert showcasing all participating ensembles in a solo capacity (6 minutes in length with taped and written comments from the 3 clinicians); 8pm - Evening Gala Concert featuring the Mass Festival Chorus under the direction of Steve Zegree and Western Michigan's Gold Company and Jazz Orchestra. Special Guests will also appear on the evening concert; 2-Hour Post-Concert Reception NY Harbor Cruise
Monday, March 7 - Return Home
Please respond to this email or call me at 212-279-1147 x 19 to discuss this, and other performance and tour opportunities.