Ticketing Ideas for Church Concert Series
Date: October 18, 2011
As we prepare to launch 2012, we're seeking fresh wisdom on our approach to concert ticketing. I'll mention a few areas of interest, but feel free to offer your own anecdotes, successes, etc.
* Have you made effective use of an on-line ticketing service? Which one? (I have not been able to successfully get our folks to do this! I would *love* to be 100% on line to avoid the in-house administration, but ...)
* Do you see some advantage of using on-line ticket printing vs. designing and printing in-house?
* If so, how have you convinced your folks to buy on line?
* Pros and cons of reserved vs. open seating
* Have you done open seating with a premium reserved section of some sort? What was required for people to get those seats? What perks did you offer?
* Have you managed tickets both in your church office and off-site? How have you kept track?
* If you do paid concerts, do you simply have people pay at the door and avoid the paper ticket altogether? Do you prefer this?
Thanks for these and any other ideas!