2012 Yale Glee Club Emerging Composers Competition
Date: December 1, 2011
Location: Connecticut, USA
Choir type: College and University Choirs
Yale Glee Club 2012 Emerging Composers Competition
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTED COMPOSITIONS
• Mixed choir (SATB)
• Unaccompanied, with piano accompaniment, or with instrumental accompaniment of not more than three individual instruments
• Three to five minutes’ duration
• Unpublished works which have not received a premiere performance, only
• Rights to text must be cleared and evidence of copyright holder’s permission must be shown
• Secular or sacred text
• Level of difficulty suitable for a college choir or community choir
• $1500 plus travel expenses to New Haven for attendance at premiere performance by the Yale Glee Club during its 2012-2013 concert season
• Possible future publication in Yale Glee Club New Classics Choral Series
• The winner will be announced in May, 2012. All entrants will be notified by mail. The winner will also be announced on the Yale Glee Club web site (www.yalegleeclub.org) at this time.
• Five (5) copies of the submitted score must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2012. Only one composition per entrant may be submitted.
• Names must not appear on the score. Instead, please include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number(s) in a separate envelope.
• Please also include a brief resume outlining prior musical experience and education.
• Submissions will be evaluated by a committee of composers and conductors who will determine the winning entry.
• The winning score will be reproduced solely for performance by the Yale Glee Club. Copies will be destroyed in the event of future publication.
• The Yale Glee Club will have a non-exclusive, world-wide perpetual license to perform the winning score.
• The Yale Glee Club shall have the right to record the inaugural performance for archival and other purposes, including distribution and sale of such recording.
• No scores will be returned.
Any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org