The 6th Fukushima Vocal Ensemble Competition 2013
Date: July 6, 2012
Choir type: Chamber Choirs and Vocal Ensembles
Do you know Fukushima is called the “Kingdom of Choirs” in Japan?
Fukushima has a lot of music fans and award-winning choirs.
And we have the Fukushima Vocal Ensemble Competition (FVEC), one of the biggest chorus competitions in Japan!
Date : March 21-24, 2013
Place: Fukushima City Music Hall, Fukushima, Japan
- The competition is open to choirs which will qualify in the 3 categories, ages 12-15, 15-18 and others.
- The number of singers is limited to 2-16.
- Top 5 choirs in each category shall proceed to the Grand Champion Competition on the last day
- JPY 500,000 (≒US$6,250) will be awarded to the best choir,
JPY 300,000 (≒US$3,750) to the 2nd winner,
JPY 100,000 (≒US$1,250) to the 3rd winner and
JPY 30,000 (≒US$380) to other finalists.
- There is a fund to support overseas choirs with accommodation and cultural activities in Fukushima.
Japan was affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake in 2011.
Thanks to the support and encouragement from all over the world, we are now steadily heading for reconstruction.
The last competition in 2012, which was held just one year after the disaster, was participated by more than 100 choirs,
and received hundreds of messages to encourage people in Fukushima. It was a warm and heart-felt moment.
Now we are sure music has the power to get people together and bring about hope and encouragement.
Dear folks who love music, please come and join us!
There you can find genuine power of music and share a spirit of friendship of lifetime.
For more details, please visit our website athttp://www.pref.fukushima.jp/bunka/seigaku/en/index.html.