Date: September 15, 2012
Location: New York, USA
Choir type: School Choirs
Welcome to “Gotham City”, home to The Statue of Liberty, The Empire State Building, Times Square, Carnegie Hall, and Lincoln Center. Washington Irving wrote a satire titled the Salmagundi Papers giving New York City the name Gotham in 1807. Along with some of the world's greatest music venues, the streets of this incredible city are alive with opportunities to experience live Broadway musicals, classical concerts, opera, dozens of museums and galleries, and thousands of shops and famous restaurants. The incredible ethnic and cultural diversity of New York make it an unforgettable music festival destination.
Gotham Sings! is a music competition/adjudication, in World Class and Historic venues you can’t find anywhere else. Our festival is open all types of high school choirs, bands, and orchestras. Our Nationally known Clinicians/Adjudicators are expert ensemble directors and music educators. Ensemble directors may choose to participate in the competition or for comments only. It is our goal to offer the most comprehensive and education experience offered in festivals of this kind. Your students will feel successful and energized following participation in this festival!
Inclusions for GOTHAM SINGS!
· Performance in a national music festival at the Apollo Theater in Historic Harlem
· Positive, constructive adjudication with taped and written comments
· 20-Minute On-stage clinic
· Awards ceremony, dinner, and dance aboard the Zephyr around Manhattan with incredible views of the city skyline and Lady Liberty, at night
· Hotel accommodations
· Group photo for the director
· Commemorative gift for each student
· Professional performance recording
· One free participant for every 25 packages purchased
Directors may also choose to customize their trip to include any of the following optional activities for an additional cost:
· Broadway shows and workshop opportunity
· Guided City tour
· Group Meals
· Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
· Empire State Building or Top of the Rock Observation Deck
· Radio City Music Hall Tour
· NBC Studio Tour
· Metropolitan Museum of Art
· Tour of 5th Avenue, Chinatown, and Little Italy
· A Guided bike ride through Central Park
· Any much, much more………
Contact Sean Berg at Sechrist Travel for further information - firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-370-6689. *Festival Only packages starting at $225 per person.