The 6th Fukushima Vocal Ensemble Competition
Date: October 4, 2012
Choir type: Chamber Choirs and Vocal Ensembles
We are now accepting applications for the the Fukushima Vocal Ensemble Competition (FVEC), one of the biggest chorus competitions in Japan!
Date : March 21-24, 2013
Place: Fukushima City Music Hall, Fukushima, Japan
Application Deadline: October 31, 2012
- The competition is open to choirs which will qualify in the 3 categories, ages 12-15, 15-18 and others.
- The number of singers is limited to 2-16.
- Top 5 choirs in each category shall proceed to the Grand Champion Competition on the last day
- JPY 500,000 (≒US$6,250) will be awarded to the best choir,
JPY 300,000 (≒US$3,750) to the 2nd winner,
JPY 100,000 (≒US$1,250) to the 3rd winner and
JPY 30,000 (≒US$380) to other finalists.
- There is a fund to support overseas choirs with accommodation and cultural activities in Fukushima.
Fukushima is called the “Kingdom of Choirs” in Japan. Along with its unique music friendly culture, there you can find abundant natural beauty and traditional samurai culture. Anyone looking for friendship with true music lovers and real experiences of Japan must not fail to visit Fukushima!
For more details, please visit our website at