Date: January 13, 2013
We invite a chamber choir to participate in the 2013 INTERNATIONAL CHORAL WEEK Buga, Colombia. In the event of 2012 participated the Chamber Choir of the University of Florida, led by Will Kesling, who can ask for references. The following are the rules for participation:.
The Corporation For The Choral Development Of Buga Colombia, CORPACOROS, invites Mixed, Female, Male, University Choirs, Religious, Institutional Choirs, Youth Choirs and Vocal Groups to participate in the choral event CHORAL WEEK 2013. This XIII CHORAL FESTIVAL OF COLOMBIAN MUSIC will be celebrated from October 15th to 19th, 2013 in Guadalajara de Buga, Colombia, a city of musical, amiable tradition. The event is celebrated since 1996, in agreement with the Ministry of Culture of Colombia, the Valle del Cauca State and the City of Buga. It usually hosts select choral groups of Colombia and in the last five years has invited choirs of United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Ecuador, Aruba and Argentina.
GUADALAJARA OF BUGA is located in the center of the “Valle del Cauca” State, in the West part of Colombia, with a population of 110,000 and a wonderful warm climate all year round due to its location in the Torrid Zone and its proximity to the Pacific Ocean. It was founded in 1576 and therefore it is a rich city in colonial architecture, pre-Columbian jewels and treasures, works of religious art, pieces of silver and beautiful gold crafts, wood statues, everything in impeccable state of conservation. The city has been declared Colombian National Patrimony and in addition the National Government named head of the Tourist Metropolitan Circuit. The city has a strong cultural and musical tradition, pretty landscapes, prolific soil, wonderful hotels, and enjoys a variety of typical food. Among its main attractions is the “Señor de los Milagros” Catholic Basilica image venerated by thousands of locals and pilgrims for all over the world. Guadalajara de Buga is located 43 miles (70 kilometers) to the north of the city of Cali, and the “Palmaseca” International Airport.
How to participate:
Please send the following information:
Resume of the choir
Resume of the choir Director
Number of Singers, how many men and women.
Address / telephone number /email
Recording with a live performance or an essay with a minimum of three folkloric works of the original country. The recording must be recent.
Send it to:
Calle 12A Sur # 4-38 . Phone: (57) 2 2367211, 3113187797
Or by e-mail:
Deadline: March 28, 2013
The organization will select the choirs for the festival’s participation before March 28th, 2013. CORPACOROS, will announce, via email the name of the accepted choirs and before May 30th will release the official festival’s schedule.
The Concerts will be held in Catholic churches, cultural centers, universities, schools, historical centers, parks of Guadalajara de Buga and adjacent cities such as Cali the State capital, Palmira, Guacari, Roldanillo, Tuluá, etc.
Each group will need to prepare:
- Three popular works and/or folkloric music of its country of origin for the Final Concert to be held the Saturday October 19.
- Caribbean Music, for a denominated Concert “the Choirs sing Caribean music”.
- Also other works of free selection for the concerts in other venues of the city and adjacent cities.
- The groups that have in their repertoire religious music will need to indicate that to us in order to perform their presentation at the city churches.
- The repertoire must mainly be perform “a capella”.
The festival is not competitive.
CHORAL GROUP COMMITMENTS:
- The participant choral groups will need to pay for the transportation , from the city of origin to the city of Buga, Colombia. All the members of the delegation must carry a medical insurance policy at the moment of arrival to Buga.
- The choirs will need to arrive to Buga, no later midday Thursday October 17. The choirs interested in having a presentation in the city of Bogotá, will need to arrive at that city Tuesday October 15, in their itinerary towards the city of Buga. CORPACOROS will make arrangements for the sponsorship of accommodation and meals of the groups in Bogotá and will notify opportunely the results to the choirs interested.
- It is understood that the choirs authorize that their concerts are recorded or transmitted by radio and/or TV, and that yields their rights to the organization of the event. All the choirs will receive a participation certificate.
- The registration is free
- The organization will pay :
o The multiple accommodations and all meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner, of the Choir up to a maximum of 21 members of the delegation, during the whole festival, from the lunch of October 17th thru the breakfast of the morning of October 20th. If more that 21 members of the delegation is present, or the stay is prolonged, this must be paid to CORPACOROS at a cost of $ 35 American Dollars, daily.
o Transport from the first day until the last day of the festival, rides to concerts, etc. will be made in a bus that meet with the high standards of the festival. The groups may have to share the bus with another delegation.
o A Group Coordinator that he will escort the delegation during all the festival length.
General information: is available on our Web page www.corpacoros.org