Edwin Fissinger Choral Composition Competition - Corrected Dates
Event Date: January 23, 2013
Posted: January 23, 2013
Location: North Dakota, USA
The North Dakota State University Edwin Fissinger Choral Composition Competition
NDSU Music honors the legacy and traditions of noted choral composer and long-time NDSU choral conductor Edwin Fissinger with its annual choral composition competition.
The Edwin Fissinger Choral Composition Prizes will be awarded to the first and second place winners.
*Score submission - must be postmarked by May 1, 2013
*Announcement of winners – June 1, 2013
*Premiere of winning composition – October 2013
*Application fee: $25 (a check made payable to North Dakota State University) must accompany the submission.
Guidelines for 2013:
* Mixed choir (SATB)
* Unaccompanied, or with keyboard accompaniment
* Three to five minutes duration
* Original, not previously performed publicly, and unpublished works only. The text may be sacred or secular, either in the public domain, or copyrighted as long as a letter of permission from the copyright owner is included with the submission.
* Suitable for an accomplished high school or university choir
* Open to all composers, except for current NDSU faculty, staff, and students.
* Prior winners may enter only after five years.
* First -- $1000
*Second - $500
* NDSU reserves the right to not award the prize in any given year.
* The composer of the winning work must be present at the premiere performance. NDSU will reimburse travel, lodging and food expenses up to a maximum of $750.
* Winners will be announced at www.ndsu.edu/finearts by June 1, 2013.
* The first prize winner will receive a contract from Pavane Publishing to place their composition in the Jo Ann Miller Choral Series. The second prize piece will be considered for publication.
*Jo Ann Miller, Director of Choral Activities
*Michael Weber, Associate Director of Choral Activities
*Charlette Moe, Assistant Director of Choral Activities and Music Education
*Dale Warland, Dale Warland Singers
*Allan Petker, Pavane Publishing
*Include name, address, phone number(s), and email address in a sealed envelope accompanying the score.
*Names or other identifying elements must not appear on the score. Size of manuscript must not exceed 8 1/2" by 14."
*Submitted scores must be in Finale or Sibelius.
*A midi file may is encouraged with the submission, but is not required.
*All scores selected for performance will be reproduced by NDSU and all copies destroyed after the premiere performance.
*No scores will be returned unless a self-addressed mailer and postage are provided.
*No electronic submissions. Submissions must be postmarked by May 1, 2013
*Mail submissions to:
Jo Ann Miller, Director of Choral Activities
North Dakota State University
Division of Fine Arts
P.O. Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050