The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Repertoire Research Question
Date: April 10, 2013
Hello, I am a student at the Crane School of Music conducting some research on middle school repertoire. If you have some time, I would love your input on a few questions.
- Have you taught middle school choir?
- About how many students were in your choir?
- What resources do you use to find repertoire?
- Do you find SAB or SATB music to be more successful for middle school? Why?
- Have you ever started working on a piece and realized before the concert that it wasn’t the right choice for your choir?
- Do you ever find the students to be disappointed if a piece is not working out and it has to be cut?
- Have you ever altered or adjusted a piece of music when you noticed that it wasn’t working for your choir? How did you make the adjustment, and how did it work?
Thank you for your time!
- You must log in or register to be able to reply to this message.