SECOND INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL CHAMBER CHOIRS "TLAXCALA CANTA"
Date: May 14, 2013
Choir type: Chamber Choirs and Vocal Ensembles
The Government of the State of Tlaxcala
Through the Tlaxcaltecan Cultural Institute
Invites you to the
Second Annual International Festival of Chamber Choirs
Poetry in sound, voices in fraternity!
At last I've understood!
I hear a song, I see a flower,
Oh! May it never wither!
From the 1st through the 8th of December, 2013
The festival will include workshops led by prestigious choral directors, gala concerts, extension concerts and conferences, as well as the sale of scores, books, and CDs. Also included will be a pleasant visit to the Cacaxtla archeological site.
1. The festival will be held from December 1st through December 8th, in the city of Tlaxcala and various other municipalities within the State of Tlaxcala.
2. Participating choirs will be selected by a qualified group of musical jurors, consisting of three internationally recognized specialized authorities in choral music. The choirs will present recent documents and videos as proof of their excellence within the choral medium.
Choirs interested in participating in the festival will need to register themselves as of the publication of this summons and will have until the 30th of June, 2013, at 5pm (CDST) in the following website:
www.culturatlaxcala.com.mx and after having sent an email to:
The email should contain the following:
· Completed inscription form (available at www.culturatrlaxcala.com.mx)
· Curricula of both the choir and its director,
· A recent recording--preferably of a live performance--including three pieces from the choir's repertoire or link Youtube
· A recent photograph of the choir and its director.
3. The choir should have a minimum of 4 members, and a maximum of 16, in addition to its director. Persons who are not members of the choir but who travel with it, as well as any others who participate in an independent fashion, will cover their own expenses regarding sojourn and food for the festival's duration; aid will be available from the organization for obtaining preferential costs. More information is available at www.culturatlaxcala.com.mx
4. Choirs which have been selected will be informed via email, their acceptance having been ratified by the festival's organizational committee. Said choirs will have until the 31st of July, 2012, to confirm their participation via a promissory letter and the signing of an agreement.
5. Once their participation has been confirmed, choirs which have been selected must pay an inscription fee of $40 USD per member.
6. The festival's organizational committee pledges itself to provide housing, food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and local transportation.
7. All choirs which have been selected will have shared presentations of 60 minutes (30 minutes per choir) in various municipalities within the State of Tlaxcala and participate in the one-hour gala concert which will be held in the city of Tlaxcala. A capella repertoire is preferred.
* A RECOMMENDATION:
Taking into account the importance of the recovery of each choir's archives as well as the diffusion and revision of choral repertoire, we recommend that each choir include:
-At least one selection from its own country.
-One work or arrangement of Mexican music.
-One contemporary piece of a composer of any nationality.
8. Choirs which have been selected will be sent a packet of the pieces which will be sung in the Common Song Workshop and which will be performed in the festival's final concert.
9. Medical insurance will not be available during the festival; it is suggested that participating choirs contract such services in their home cities.
10. The festival is a non-profit organization and as such it reserves the right to record, transmit, make videos, or do any other non-remunerable actions in favor of the selected choirs. Any corresponding profits which these actions might incur may be utilized to cover operational costs.
Any points which are not contemplated in this summons will be resolved by the organizational committee in the moment in which they present themselves.