The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Schola Cantorum on Hudson auditions
Date: August 5, 2013
Choir type: Community Choirs
Schola Cantorum on Hudson (updated 6/28/2013) VAN Choir Directory listingSilver Sustaining Member
*** Rehearsals: Monday *** Rehearsal neighborhood: Jersey City, NJ
Rehearsals are held in Jersey City, NJ, four blocks from the Journal Square PATH station.
Of unique interest:
- all concerts produced in Manhattan (at the Church of St. Paul the Apostle) and Montclair, NJ (at the Church of the Immaculate Conception);
- largely (but not exclusively) new music;
- repertoire presented with contextual accessibility for maximum relevance and impact -- "choral theatre";
Requisites for auditioning include previous choral experience, music-reading ability, and a clear voice with good intonation. Singers auditioning also for the Schola Sings Solo cast and/or the Schola Repertory Singers should be aware of those intensified audition requirements. Seewww.scholaonhudson.org/auditions_overview for details. A singer accepting appointment to any ensemble within Schola Cantorum on Hudson (SCH) does so for the full season.
- all voice types and sizes are welcome to audition, with solo technique supported in approach to ensemble tone; soloists selected from among professionally-trained members;
- Eastern European tour, summer 2014.
Fall 2013 audition schedule:
For more information or to schedule an audition: http://www.scholaonhudson.org/auditions.
- Manhattan: June 24, July 25, September 5
- Montclair: July 16, 17, 18
- Jersey City: August 8
- East Orange: by appointment