The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Composition Competition - Cincinnati Children's Choir
Event Date: November 1, 2013
Posted: August 24, 2013
Cincinnati Children’s Choir
The Cincinnati Children’s Choir Composition Competition is an annual contest promoting outstanding repertoire for treble choirs from children’s through youth ensembles. CCC serves as Ensemble-in-Residence at the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music and regularly performs with the regions most celebrated professional and amateur ensembles. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges consisting of CCM faculty and CCC artistic staff. The winning entry will be contacted and announced in spring 2014.
The cash prize for the winning composition will be $1,000.00. The Cincinnati Children’s Choir, under the direction of conductor and artistic director Robyn Lana, will premiere the work in the spring of 2014 with winning composer’s possible attendance at the premiere. Inclusion and publication contract possible on the Robyn Lana Choral Series with Santa Barbara Music Publishers and may be discussed.
- Suggested length: 3 to 6 minutes
- Voicing: treble voices, unison to multiple parts
- Difficulty level: beginner, intermediate or advanced
- Accompaniment instrumentation: a capella or piano accompaniment, opt 30 sec. solo voice, opt solo or duet obligato instruments (ie: violin, cello, flute, recorder, clarinet)
- Lyrics and arrangements must be available for use and not protected by copyright laws or permission must be secured and demonstrated by the composer
- Composer will retain the copyright
- CCC may retain winning manuscript for future performance
- Composition must be composed/arranged within the past three years and never performed
- The composer must be an emerging composer.
- The composer must presently reside in North America
- $25 application fee per composition
Completed submission must include:
- One rehearsal ready copy which will include all necessary markings and composer sited.
- 5 unsigned, clearly legible copies with no identifying marks to insure anonymity during the selection process.
- Complete biography of the composer.
- $25 registration fee payable to Cincinnati Children’s Choir
- One completed application form found at www.cincinnatichoir.org or by writing to:
Robyn Lana, Artistic Director
Cincinnati Children’s Choir
College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0236
- Contest deadline is November 1, 2013. All materials must arrive on or before the
- Normally announcements aren't meant to be replied to, but if you need to contact the author, click on the icon next to the author's name above.