Auditions for Harana Men's Chorus - Los Angeles
Event Date: September 5, 2013
Posted: September 5, 2013
Location: California, USA
Choir type: Community Choirs
Harana Men’s Chorus is a Los Angeles-based all-male vocal ensemble comprised of singers from varied choral backgrounds. Membership is mainly Filipino-American as its founding purpose is to uphold the "Harana", a Filipino courtship tradition, a moonlight serenade.
The caliber of the singers led Musical Director Ed Nepomuceno to write arrangements exclusively for the group. The repertoire
expanded to include love-themed songs from different perspectives and genres, like doowop, samba, and a cappella, to name a few. The group is in demand for performing English and Filipino love songs. Current members have also contributed original songs which led to other songwriters asking the Harana to perform their songs as well. The group's most requested concert songs are available in its self-titled CD at www.musicamanila.com/harana.html
Date: September 24, 2013, Tuesday
Time: 8:00 p.m.
Contact: Mike Zuniga (please contact for address details)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 626-233-1478
HARANA MEN’S CHORUS IS OPENING AUDITIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING VOICE-TYPES:
Baritones and Basses
For the auditions, we require the following:
1. Singers who have the ability to sing in tune, follow a rhythm, and harmonize.
2. Must be committed to attend our regular weekly rehearsal every Tuesday which begins at 8:00 p.m. and ends at 10:00 p.m. in the San Fernando Valley area.
3. Must be committed to attend performances which typically fall on a weekend.
4. Choral background is a plus.
5. Those interested must prepare 1 piece of their choice (i.e., aria, art-song, folk song, or popular song) in acapella or accompanied by the piano (please bring your music score or chord sheet).