2014 Burke & Bagley Prize Competition for Male Voice (video competition)
Date: January 5, 2014
Location: Washington, USA
2014 BURKE & BAGLEY PRIZE COMPETITION
for Male Voice & Piano - $500 Prize
Make a video of your performance of any scene(s) from Act One of Razumov, post the video to YouTube and submit the link. The best video wins $500!
1. Sheet music for Act One of Razumov by Greg Bartholomew is available for free download from the Burke & Bagley website: www.burkeandbagley.com/prize/
2. The audio for the video must be a recording of your performance with voice and piano of any one or more scenes from Act One of Razumov by Greg Bartholomew. There should be no spoken dialog except that you may include a spoken introduction stating the names of the performers, the name of the piece and the name of the composer.
3. The visual component may be performance footage or whatever you feel best makes the video engaging to viewers. You must own or have permission to use all visual elements of your video.
4. The description for the video on YouTube must include the names of the performers and this phrase: “from Act One of Razumov, a chamber opera by Greg Bartholomew.”
5. Videos will be rated by a panel of judges based on the quality of the musical performance, the quality of the audio recording, and the effectiveness of the video in engaging the audience (i.e., the visual presentation).
6. There is no entry fee. You may submit more than one video.
7. The deadline for entries is May 1, 2014.
8. The winner will be announced by June 1, 2014. The winning video must remain posted for public viewing on YouTube through December 31, 2016, and will be featured on the Burke & Bagley website.
9. By entering the competition, participants agree that Burke & Bagley will have a non-exclusive perpetual license to use the winning video and the audio recording from the winning video.
For submission instructions, go to: www.burkeandbagley.com/prize
International Panel of Judges for the 2014 Competition:
Greg Bartholomew, composer
Andrew Garland, baritone
Marco Panuccio, lyric tenor
Damien Pass, bass baritone
Joel N. Juan Qui, pianist
Christopher A. Smith, General & Artistic Director, Boston Metro Opera
Questions? Email email@example.com