2nd Contemporary Japanese and American Music (CJAM) 2014 (Revised)
Event Date: January 8, 2014
Posted: January 8, 2014
"2nd Contemporary Japanese and American Music (CJAM) 2014" (Revised)
“The Choral Festival” will be held at Sakaiminato Symphony Garden, Tottori, Japan, on September 14, 2014 (Sunday), at 13:30, http://sakaiminato-bunka.jp/index.php?id=29 or Yonago Culture Hall (http://www.yonagobunka.net/culturehall/).
Choral works by six or more selected composers will be presented at "The Choral Festival" concert. Entry requirements are as follows:
1) Submitted works must be one’s own composition(s) for A Cappella voices. The works may be new or old, but totally within 10 minutes.
2) Singing words should be used by English and/or other language, including the Latin or uncommon language, but be translated into English preferably in singing.
3) The closing date for receipt of materials is February 28th, 2014, and the chosen composers' names and works will be announced on March 14th, 2014 to each applicant and the Society of Composers, Inc.
4) Selected ones would be performed by the submitted DVD/CD, and asked for anyone of the featuring photo, which might be projected to the big front white wall or screen above the performing stage during the music.
5) Isaac Nagao will participate as a Japanese composer at the Part II.
6) No prizes will be awarded, and there is no entry fees.
Interested composers should submit the recording (mp3, CD or tape), the score (PDF or copy), and the CV.
Send all submitted materials to:
Isaac Nagao, PhD, Head of the Selecting Committee
Address: 2-159-1 Nishiki, Yonago 683-0811, Japan.
Email: email@example.com (Phone / Fax: 81-859-35-5883).