The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
SACRA/PROFANA Choral Call for Scores 2014
Date: February 18, 2014
SACRA/PROFANA introduces the first annual SOUND/PROJECT Summer Choral Intensive, a week-long program open to recommended high school vocalists in San Diego County. The 2014 Call for Scores aims to provide students involved with the opportunity to premiere a new composition in tandem with the 20-voice professional choir SACRA/PROFANA.
Deadline: May 1, 2014 – winners will be announced June 1, 2014.
Fee: There is no fee to enter.
Our Mission: To provide the high school students involved in the Sound/Project Summer Choral Intensive with the opportunity to premiere a new work.
- Compositions should use one of the following texts; (see attached page for full texts)
- “The Singers” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Refuge” by Sara Teasdale
- “I Dream a World” by Langston Hughes
- Composers of any age, nationality, or institutional affiliation are eligible to submit scores.
- Compositions should not exceed ten minutes.
- Compositions should be scored for SATB Chorus (divisi optional) with or without piano accompaniment.
- Download and complete the application form.
- All required application materials (score/parts, application form) must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Multiple submissions must be submitted separately.
- Scores should be submitted in PDF file format.
- A composer bio or resume (attached to the application form) is encouraged, but not required. The selection committee will not see the bio until after the judging process is complete.
- Only complete applications/compositions will be considered for performance.
- On the score, please eliminate all identifying information, except for the title of work. Compositions will remain anonymous throughout the judging process.
- Submissions will be judged by SACRA/PROFANA artistic staff members for the Sound/Project Summer Choral Intensive 2014.
- Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please refrain from including work titles in inquiries to preserve anonymity in the judging process.
- Winner (1): $250 cash prize and a featured premiere performance on Saturday, July 19th at the University of San Diego. The performing choir will consist of 50 (or more) of San Diego County’s most talented high school vocalists, as well as the 20-voice professional choir SACRA/PROFANA.
- Additional submissions may be considered for future SACRA/PROFANA performances.
- Winners will be notified via e-mail, and announced via SACRA/PROFANA’s webpage, Facebook page, and Twitter page.
- SACRA/PROFANA reserves the right to not select winners, but in doing so will forfeit the rights to perform submissions
Please visit http://sacraprofana.org/call-for-scores-2014/ for more information, and for application form.
- Normally announcements aren't meant to be replied to, but if you need to contact the author, click on the icon next to the author's name above.