2015 ICEP Exchange with Sweden - Call for Applications
Date: March 14, 2014
ACDA is pleased to announce the 2015 International Conductors Exchange Program (ICEP) with Sweden. ICEP is providing opportunities for the next generation of choral leaders to represent the United States as ambassadors to the world in the exchange of music, ideas, and cultures. In 2015, ACDA will host fourteen choral conductors from Sweden who will travel to the United States to be official guests in each of the seven divisions and at the National Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah. In turn, the Swedish Choral Directors Association (SCDA) will host fourteen U.S. conductors to be official guests at the Scandinavian Choral Convention in Stockholm, Sweden, in October 2015.
ICEP Application Deadline: July 11, 2014.
To apply online, please follow this link.
• To create connections between potential leaders of the U.S. choral community with counterparts across the globe.
• To forge stronger relationships between ACDA and choral associations around the world.
• To raise the visibility and leadership role of the American Choral Directors Association in the global choral community.
Selection Criteria - Emerging Conductor
The ACDA International Conductors Exchange Program Review Committee is charged with the selection of emerging leaders of the choral profession, who 1) have not previously had international conducting experience, and 2) reflect a high level of excellence as well as a wide diversity of interests. The ICEP Review Committee has developed the following list of criteria.
Video Submission Guidelines
YouTube Video Submission (Video Submissions must be uploaded to YouTube by 11:59pm, July 11, 2014)
Recording of Rehearsal of 12 minute minimum to 15 minute maximum
1. Two selections from different periods.
2. Selections should represent two different languages.
3. Selections should be in contrasting tempo and style.
1. The applicant should rehearse the choir in such a way as to focus on gestural communication, rehearsal technique, and the development of the musical product (in much same manner as a guest conductor in a festival setting).
2. The ICEP Review Committee will place primary value on gestural language and rehearsal technique.
3. The ICEP Review Committee will also place value on mastery of interpretation, appropriate use of language (metaphor, simile, analogy, etc.), and the use of imagination.
1. The camera angle will show a full frontal view of the applicant and all conducting movements.
2. The choral sound and comments of the applicant must be clearly audible on the video recording.
3. The applicant will begin each selection by announcing the title and composer of the work to be presented.
Format & Duration
1. The video recorded selections will be presented consecutively without stopping between selections.
2. The video recording will not be edited in any manner.
3. The video recording will show the applicant conducting and rehearsing for a minimum of twelve minutes and a maximum of fifteen minutes.
4. The time should be divided equally between the two selections.