A GREAT JOB in VOCAL JAZZ at Cal State Long Beach
Date: March 17, 2014
Here's a great job (TENURE TRACK) in Vocal Jazz. Please forward this information to people you think might be interested.
Assistant Professor of Music (Vocal Jazz) (tenure track)
Bob Cole Conservatory of Music, California State University Long Beach
- M.M. degree, or official notification of completion of the degree by August 1, 2014, or equivalent record of professional experience.
- Evidence of experience as a jazz vocal performer, teacher, and director.
- Evidence of experience directing a university-level vocal jazz ensemble.
- Demonstrated potential to establish effective student recruitment leading to the continued development of an established vocal jazz program.
- Demonstrated commitment, experience, and success in educating a diverse student population.
- DMA degree, or official notification of completion of the DMA degree by August 1, 2014, or equivalent record of professional experience.
- Demonstrated significant professional experience as a vocal jazz performer, teacher, arranger, and director.
- Demonstrated success as a director of university-level vocal jazz ensembles.
- emonstrated success in effective student recruitment necessary to the continued development of an established vocal jazz program.
- Teach ensembles, undergraduate and graduate level courses, and applied lessons in Vocal Jazz.
- Departmental needs and the candidate's interests and areas of expertise will determine other possible teaching responsibilities.
- Additional responsibilities include: auditioning prospective vocal jazz students, assigning students to appropriate university vocal jazz ensembles, monitoring student growth and development, and coordinating an effective student recruitment program.
- Maintain an active agenda of research, scholarly, and creative activity at national/ international level.
- Establish an agenda of research, scholarly and creative activity.
- Participate in service to department, college, university, and community.
The Bob Cole Conservatory at California State University, Long Beach is committed to building a more diverse faculty, staff, and student body as it responds to the changing population and educational needs of California and the nation. We seek applicants and nominations from those who have experience teaching, mentoring, and developing research in ways that effectively address individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. California State University, Long Beach is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
- Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications, CV (including current email address), current list of at least five references, and a copy of transcript from institution awarding the highest degree.
- Semifinalists will be notified and asked to submit video or audio on DVD, CD, or via weblink representing work as a soloist or chamber musician performer and a video via DVD or via weblink teaching a lesson, coaching an chamber ensemble, or giving a master class.
- Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form, three letters of recommendation, and an official transcript.
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Carolyn Bremer, Director
Bob Cole Conservatory of Music
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90804-7101
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, political affiliation, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- You must log in or register to be able to reply to this message.