The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
East Carolina University - Summer Vocal Music Intensive
Date: April 4, 2014
The East Carolina University Summer Vocal Music Intensive
For the High School Singer
June 18-27, 2014
East Carolina University
Deadlines for The East Carolina University Summer Vocal Music Intensive for the High School Singer are fast approaching! Here is a recap of this exciting new program:
- A focused emphasis on the all-around singer, including:
- Multiple choirs of varying sizes and repertoire.
- 2 voice lessons with an ECU voice faculty member (included in tuition).
- Electives that are built into each student’s camp experience, including honors chorus preparation, conducting, musical theatre training, and the potential for an opera ensemble experience with current ECU vocal performance majors.
- Opportunities for solo recital performance for qualified singers.
- A collegiate atmosphere for the participants. Students will receive a weekly schedule similar to the one they would receive as a student at ECU, with open time built in for activities such as practice and study.
- A focus on audition preparation, with several opportunities throughout the camp for students to improve their auditioning skills.
In addition, the daily rate for the camp is comparable to past years! In comparison to other music camps in the region, the ECU Summer Vocal Music Intensive is the best investment for the promising high school singer.
The application deadline for scholarship information is April 18th, 2014.
- Normally announcements aren't meant to be replied to, but if you need to contact the author, click on the icon next to the author's name above.