Edwin Fissinger Choral Competition - Revised postmark June 2, 2014
Event Date: May 27, 2014
Posted: May 27, 2014
Location: North Dakota, USA
Choir type: College and University Choirs
Due to June 1 falling on a Sunday - we have changed the postmark date to June 2, 2014
The North Dakota State University Edwin Fissinger Choral Composition Prize
NDSU Music honors the legacy and traditions of noted choral composer and long-time NDSU choral conductor Edwin Fissinger with its annual choral composition competition.
The Edwin Fissinger Choral Composition Prizes will be awarded to the first and second place winners.
*Score submission - must be postmarked June 2, 2014
*Announcement of winners – August 1, 2014
*Premiere of winning composition – October 2014
*Application fee: $25 (a check made payable to North Dakota State University) must accompany the submission.
Guidelines for 2012:
* Mixed choir (SATB) divisi is acceptable
* Unaccompanied, or with piano accompaniment
* Three to five minutes duration
* Original, not previously performed publicly, and unpublished works only. The text may be sacred or secular, either in the public domain, or copyrighted as long as a letter of permission from the copyright owner is included with the submission.
* Suitable for an accomplished high school or university choir
* Open to all composers, except for current NDSU faculty, staff, and students.
* Prior winners may enter only after five years.
* First -- $1000
*Second - $500
* NDSU reserves the right to not award the prize in any given year.
* The composer of the winning work must be present at the premiere performance. NDSU will reimburse travel, lodging and food expenses up to a maximum of $750.
* Winners will be announced at www.ndsu.edu/finearts by August 1, 2014.
* The first prize winner will receive a contract from Pavane Publishing to place their composition in the Jo Ann Miller Choral Series. The second prize piece will be considered for publication.
*Jo Ann Miller, Director of Choral Activities
*Michael Weber, Associate Director of Choral Activities
*Charlette Moe, Assistant Director of Choral Activities and Music Education
*Dale Warland, Dale Warland Singers
*Allan Petker, Pavane Publishing
*Include name, address, phone number(s) and email address in a sealed envelope accompanying the score.
*Names or other identifying elements must not appear on the score. Size of manuscript must not exceed 8 1/2" by 14."
*Submitted scores must be in Finale or Sibelius.
*A midi file may is encouraged with the submission, but is not required.
*All scores selected for performance will be reproduced by NDSU and all copies destroyed after the premiere performance.
*No scores will be returned unless a self-addressed mailer and postage are provided.
*No electronic submissions. Submissions must be postmarked by June 2, 2014.
*Mail submissions to:
Jo Ann Miller, Director of Choral Activities
North Dakota State University
Division of Fine Arts
P.O. Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org