The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Staff Singers for Singing City
Date: May 29, 2014
Singing City, a 75-member volunteer choir in Philadelphia, is now auditioning tenors and basses for the position of Staff Singer.
Job Description for Staff Singers
Title: Staff Singer
Reports to: Artistic and Music Director
Position Purpose: To encourage and enhance the singing abilities of volunteer choir members.
- To be present and on time at rehearsals and performances at which Singing City sings. The singer will inform the director well in advance of any planned absence.
- Organize and lead sectional rehearsals.
- Take careful note of details in rehearsal, such as phrasing, breathing, pronunciation etc., so that exact details can be communicated to members.
- To be well prepared on the appropriate vocal part in all of the literature to be performed, after the initial rehearsal of each piece.
- To encourage the singing ability and sight-reading skills of the other singers in the section, and to consistently work towards the goal of a blended ensemble.
- To be supportive in thought, word, and deed, both in rehearsal and elsewhere, of all other members of the choir and the mission of Singing City.
Compensation is $50 per rehearsal and $125 per performance. Rehearsals take place on Tuesday evenings from 7:20-9:50 p.m. at Friends Center, 1501 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PA.
Visit our website
to learn more about Singing City.