The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Tenors Needed, Choral Scholars Position!
Date: June 11, 2014
Paid Choral Scholar Position
Purpose of the Position
In addition to filling a few openings in the Ss. Peter and Paul Choral Scholars, it is our hope that this position can act as a learning opportunity that inspires and invigorates a musician’s own growth.
- Excellent sight singing skills
- Proficiency in IPA
- Experience reading chant notation, helpful but not necessary
- Attend weekly Thursday evening choir rehearsals from 7:00 PM-10:00 PM.
- Attend assigned Saturday or Sunday Masses which may sometimes include a pre-Mass practice.
- Solo opportunities are available for major works (4-6 major works per year with orchestra).
- Opportunities to cantor are also available.
- Choral Scholars are scheduled in quartets for nuptial masses per availability.
- The ensemble maintains an active concert schedule, both within the parish and outside the parish.
- The ensemble records an album annually.
- Remuneration will be $45 for Thursday’s rehearsal, $45 for the 1st Mass/Liturgy sung, and $20 for subsequent Masses/liturgies sung in succession.
- Call time for Sunday 9:30 AM choir Mass is 8:45 AM.
- The Adult Choir is in session from mid August through the Feast of SS. Peter and Paul at the end of June. You are expected to attend all rehearsals or find a sub from the approved sub roster if you cannot attend.
- The group just returned from a successful 10 day tour of Rome. 3 concerts and 5 masses sung in honor of the canonization of Pope Saint John Paul II and Pope Saint John XXIII
- Opportunities for international and domestic touring in the near future.
At this time we have positions open for Tenors
, please contact Lindsey at the Sacred Music Office @ 630-718-2206 or firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are interested. Our church campus is located at 36 N. Ellsworth Street Naperville, IL