The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Music Director - Venice Presbyterian Church
Date: July 28, 2014
To develop and lead the worship music ministry for our church, in consultation with the pastor and other team members, compassionately building it in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
- Select, plan, sing, and play music for regular, (early 8:30am and late 11am services) Sundays and special services; includes prelude, offertory, postlude, incidental music, and preparation of recorded backgrounds and accompaniments.
- Regularly attend meetings of the Worship Committee and participate in the creative planning of Sunday and special services with the pastor and staff
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd the Chancel Choir and other music team(s) for worship.
- Oversee the maintenance and servicing of the church’s musical instruments.
- Oversee the maintenance and improvement of the church’s music library and online music and worship subscriptions.
- Maintain a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
- Communicate faithfully with the pastor and staff.
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
- Explore opportunities for outreach through music ministry .
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life.
- Love and respect for people.
- Attested musical skills and competence.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
- Bachelors degree in Music or Theology a plus.
- Ability in a wide range of styles ranging from Christian classics (hymns) to contemporary praise music.
- Ability to sing and lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
- Quality keyboard skills required.
- Arranging and sequencing music flow for deep experiential worship.
- Producing and directing special events, cantata, musicals and programs.
- Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, sound boards, audio & video editing, etc.—a plus.
Those interested in the postion should please e-mail a resume to Pastor Gary: email@example.com