Choir Operations Administrator for Cantabella Children's Chorus
Date: August 11, 2014
Location: Livermore, California, California, USA
Founded in 1992, Cantabella is the Tri-Valley hub for quality choral education music literacy and performance skills for youth ages 5-18. Under the artistic leadership of founder Bee Chow, more then 250 singers from the communities of Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon and Danville come together to participate in this internationally acclaimed and recognized program.
Job Location: Mainly your home office
Some evening/weekend hours may be required
Salary: negotiable based on qualification and experience
Benefits: flexible hours
How to apply:
Contact Maggie Souers, Treasurer, by email at email@example.com
The Choir Operations Administrator must be detail-oriented, have strong office and organizational skills and be comfortable working with frequent deadlines. This position helps with chorus tasks related to Cantabella's programs; requires occasional presence at rehearsal sites and weekend concerts (December, May); supports the office staff and chorus faculty; assists with outreach and marketing events; manages the contracts for rented rehearsal space, performance venues and other performances; is liaison with the Board of Directors and assists with annual budget planning. Experience in education, nonprofits and arts administration preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to: Report to Artistic Director and Board President
1. Organize, plan, and prioritize work in a calendar-driven environment.
2. Interact with families and choristers, as needed, and guests, or visitors as the chorus' administrative contact.
3. Communicate with faculty, staff, choristers, and chorus families to disseminate, collect or explain information, answer questions and address complaints as
4. Conduct concert venue and rehearsal site research, including contract terms.
5. Develop the employee handbook using that template provided by our insurance company and update it annually or as necessary.
6. Develop a written protocol for the other ancillary teachers (such as theory teachers).
7. Gather and organize information for concert and choir marketing/PR.
8. Assist with gathering and providing information for grant writing and for endowments.
9. Implement recruitment/promotional activities, including school outreach.
10. Assist with planning parent orientation meeting and occasional rehearsals.
11. Scheduling and negotiating with photographer/videographer, sound technician and audio recorder for concerts and for CD/DVD production.
12. Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records/articles or reports.
13. Do data entry for various chorus databases including but not limited to Google Docs.
14. Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing and database systems, both manually and using a computer.
15. Must be familiar with Excel, Google Docs and Word Processing software.