Location: California, USA
Concert compositions performed by the Gregg Smith Singers; the Arditti Quartet, the Borromeo String Quartet, The Penderecki Quartet, Xtet, the Chroma Quartet, in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, New York, Brussels, Krislund Norway, Casalmaggiore, Italy.
Albany Records CD – “California Composers”, Arditti Quartet recorded Aspen Quartet
• Borromeo String Quartet Contest, New York.
• Brandenburg Chamber Music Prize in Composition and commission
• Aaron Copland Award
• Lee Ettelson Award from Composers Inc.
• Finalist for CalArts/Alpert Award in Music
• Commission sponsored by the S. Mark Taper Foundation
• American Music Center Composers Assistance Grants (4)
• Fellowship at the Ernest Bloch Festival in Oregon under Chinary Ung
• two Fellowships at the Aspen Institute for Advanced Compositional Studies each under
both Jacob Druckman and Bernard Rands.
Commercial compositions used in trailers for: X-Men 3: The Last Stand, The Closer, Herbie Fully Loaded, Aliens in the Attic, Sleeping Beauty, The Stone Angel, 21, Veggie Tales, Elizabeth, Santa Claus 3, Lions for Lambs, Bridget Jones Diary
Taught composition, electronic music and music theory at: UC Santa Barbara,
UCLA, El Camino College; Scripps College Claremont; and the California State University Campuses at Long Beach and Los Angeles.
Served as president of the Independent Composers Association.