This week on GBW and ACDA Radio/ChoralNet host Stan Schmidt presents a way to tell a musical story and the subject is All Saints Day, another way to look at programming. You will recall two selections from Brahms German Requiem using the English translation by Robert Shaw plus
When I program for Going Beyond Words it is a story that is told. So if you look at these titles you see what I mean.
- O Heiland, reiss die Himmel auf (O Savior, Open the Heav’nly gates and come down) by Brahms
- Lord Make Me to know that life is short and show me the way Chorus Three from the German Requiem of Brahms
- There is a Balm in Gilead to heal the sin sick soul American Spiritual
- The Lord is My Light and My Salvation (Be Strong and hang in there) by John Rutter
- Ain’t That Good News American Spiritual
- Ach wie Flüchtig, ach wie Nichting (Ah how Fleeting, Ah How Empty) Cantata BWV 26 by J.S.Bach
- Blessed Are the Dead (German Requiem) Requiem last chorus
For a look at the CD’s used and a complete list of the music heard, go to the blog of WWW.GONGBEYONDWORDS.COM website and click on show 2504.