#44. March 1, 2019
Greetings from the ACDA National Conference in Kansas City!
As part of the conference, I presented interest sessions Thursday at 10am and 11am, titled “Quality Accessible Repertoire for Intermediate and Small-but-Mighty Women’s/Treble Choirs.” This week’s blog is a series of links to the materials from my session. I invite you to read, scan, scour, and peruse these PDFs. Working with womens/treble ensembles truly is a professional passion of mine. If I can be a resource to you and your ensembles, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Until next time!
Dr. Shelbie Wahl-Fouts is associate professor of music, Director of Choral Activities, and music department chair at Hollins University, a women’s college in Roanoke, Virginia.
—Session Handout, including;
- My bio
- Notes on searching for women’s/treble repertoire
- Current list of my ACDA ChoralNet Repertoire blogs
- Repertoire I – List of 7 primary selections in this session – with detailed notes on each
- Repertoire II – List of 22 additional selections to consider – with brief notes on each
- Repertoire III – List of 68 more selections to consider – with only titles, no notes
—-Session Reading Packet
—-Blank template for repertoire notes
—-By Women, For Women: Choral Works for Women’s Voices, composed and texted by women (my doctoral dissertation)
—Conducting Women’s Choirs, ed. Debra Spurgeon. GIA Press. (I contributed a chapter on repertoire.)