Appalachian Festival of Young Voices 2020
You are invited!
We invite treble choirs from around the country to register. It can be a children’s choir program that represents a community, school, or church. The
choristers’ age range should be between 9 and 18.
• For questions and an information packet about the festival, please call 304.343.1111, visit our Web site at wvacc.org, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Interested choirs should complete the application form found on our Web site and submit it along with an audio or video audition tape and a $500 nonrefundable deposit fee to the Appalachian Children’s Chorus. The Registration deadline is December 1, 2019.
Festival fee includes:
• 4 nights at Charleston’s luxurious Embassy Suites Hotel
• 8 meals (4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 3 dinners)
• Square dance with live music
• Festival handbook
• Festival monogrammed polo
• Participation in Charleston’s city-wide cultural event, FestivALL
• Private rehearsal time with Dr. Rollo Dilworth
• Children’s choir music workshops/ rehearsals
• Professional Appalachian storyteller
• Q & A time with Dr. Rollo Dilworth, and Ron Sowell, director of Mountain Stage
• Individual and festival choir performance at Charleston’s Civic Center Little Theater
• A performance with a classical orchestra and a world-class string band
• Farewell Party on the River Queen riverboat with a live DJ & dancing
• One complimentary trip per 25 paying choristers is provided