Potential Graduate Assistantship with stipend at Southwestern Oklahoma State
Southwestern Oklahoma State University has a potential graduate assistantship for a voice candidate who is seeking a master of music education or master of performance degree with an interest in vocal performance or conducting. The candidate’s selection will result in the following benefits/responsibilities:
1. Study graduate courses in music via conducting weekly rehearsals of a small choral ensemble and Southwestern Singers as a co-conductor and/or vocal performance with regular participation in opera workshop and choral ensembles.
2. A fifteen-hour per week choral librarian schedule and other possible duties as befits the candidate’s skills (not to exceed fifteen hours per week).
3. Regular study of private voice and private conducting courses focused on the continued development of the voice and conducting/rehearsal pedagogy and technique (the ensemble rehearsals functioning as practicum).
4. Eighteen hours of tuition paid by the university.
5. A stipend of $500 per month paid by the university.
Any students interested should contact Dr. Farris at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information beyond the master of music website (https://swosu.edu/academics/music/programs/music-master.aspx).