Date Correction! Long Beach Camerata Singers Auditions – 8/15 & 8/16
Long Beach, California
Apologies for the mix up —-dates corrected below!
Attention Choral Singers:
Auditions are being held August held Tuesday, August 15 and Wednesday, August 16 for the Long Beach Camerata Singers. Dedicated to excellence in choral music, the Long Beach Camerata Singers (LBCS) enrich the lives of our communities and performers through a broad spectrum of repertoire, innovative programming, and arts education.
We are a 90-voice classical music choir, now in our 52nd season of serving Long Beach and surrounding communities. Our Artistic Director, Dr. James K. Bass also serves as Director of Choral Studies at UCLA and Associate Conductor of Seraphic Fire. Dr. Bass has earned three Grammy nominations.
Programs offered by LBCS are a core component of the performing arts available to the public in Long Beach. Our season offers a four-concert cycle: opening with the Peace Project; a holiday performance of Handel’s Messiah; an annual Spring Choral Festival; and closes with An Evening of Song. Repertoire encompasses a wide range of works from the Renaissance to the present, and includes many contemporary choral works and non-classical pieces.
Here are the steps to signing up to audition:
1. Register on the LBCS website audition page – be sure to click “Submit” when finished. http://longbeachcameratasingers.org/lbcs/auditions-2/
2. Be sure look over the rehearsal and performance schedule to be sure that LBCS will fit into your work and personal schedule this season. The schedule is available to download on the auditions page.
Once you have scheduled your audition time, you will be emailed a confirmation.
Each audition will take approximately 10 minutes and include the following:
1. Sing a prepared solo (an aria, art song or folk song would be most appropriate), an accompanist will be provided for you, so have a copy of your sheet music
2. Sight-Sing a short passage
3. Sing a warm-up/vocalise to check your range
Thanks in advance. We welcome your fresh talent to our chorus.