Tenor Section Leader at Park Avenue Christian Church
New York, USA
JOB DESCRIPTION – Park Avenue Christian Church Tenor Choir Section Leader
Employment Available: Tenor Sanctuary Choir Section Leader.
The Park Avenue Christian Church in New York City is seeking Sanctuary Choir Tenor section leader for worship services.
Sanctuary Choir Section Leader position requires strong singing skill mainly in Classical style both as a soloist and a choir member.
Music plays a vital role in the worship life of the Park Avenue Christian Church, helping us offer heartfelt praise and prayer through hymns, responses, Psalm singing, choral music, instrumental music and more. We are committed to musical diversity and excellence, and welcome the gifts of volunteers and professional musicians from our congregation and community.
As the position involves ministry within a diverse and progressive community of faith, we highly value strong inter-personal skills, the ability to engage with adults and children from varied racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, and a poised, professional attitude in all circumstances.
– Excellent singing skill mainly in the Classical style both as a soloist and a choir member.
– Strong reading skill.
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
– Previous experience as a church musician preferred.
Other desirable skills include:
– Biblical literacy and knowledge of liturgical worship.
– Provide music in a professional manner for Sunday morning worship service and other special and seasonal services throughout the year.
– Rehearse with the Sanctuary Choir as well as the Gospel Choir, other soloists and guest musicians at services and rehearsals.
– Lead the congregation to worship through creative and inspired singing.
– Help teach singing to the tenor section as a section leader in a friendly and respectful manner.
– Be willing to assist the Minister of Music in choosing repertoires as well as in rehearsal planning.
– Be open to constructive criticism and feedback.
– Arrange for qualified substitute when necessary.
Compensation: Competitive rate by service .
Service and Rehearsal schedule for Spring 2016
Sanctuary Choir is called 3 times or more each month.
9AM Sunday morning rehearsal.
11AM service (ends approximately 12:30PM).
There will be occasional Sunday afternoon rehearsals prior to concerts (1~3PM).
Deadline for application: January 16th.
Submit your application for
Please include the following in your subject of the email. PARK APPLICATION TENOR
To apply for this position, send 1) a letter of interest, 2) current resume, 3) video or audio recording 4) your preferred audition dates, time window in the case that you are called for a live interview, to the address above. Your invitation as well as audition materials will be sent on January 17th.
Note: Please include all your available dates/times in your preference.
Audition Date 1: Sunday January 24th 1:00PM~3:00PM
Audition Date 2: Monday January 25th 7:00PM~9:00PM
Park Avenue Christian Church
1010 Park Avenue at Park Avenue and 85th Street in Manhattan, NY
Saya Callner, Director of Music Ministry